- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2006
- B.A., University of Washington, Accounting, 1997
Selected to Super Lawyers, Washington Law & Politics, 2013-2021
Selected to Top Attorneys in Washington, Washington Law & Politics, 2019
Selected to Top Women Attorneys in Washington, Washington Law & Politics, 2013, 2016-2019
Selected to Rising Stars, Washington Law & Politics, 2011-2012
Fellow, American Bar Foundation, 2014- 2021
Cory works passionately and tirelessly to resolve federal and state tax disputes on behalf of her clients. In her advocacy and negotiations, she artfully blends patience and tact with steadfast resolve. Cory delves into the details and facts of a case in order to build her client’s defense–skills she honed while serving as a Special Agent investigating white collar crimes. She also draws upon her past experience as a judicial extern for the Honorable Richard C. Tallman of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit when drafting briefs and other written advocacy.
Cory serves as a volunteer with the University of Washington’s Low-income Taxpayer Clinic assisting their clients facing Tax Court trials. She is also a Board Member of Operation Sack Lunch, a non-profit organization that rescues food from the waste stream and provides over 500,000 meals a year to food insecure adults and children.
Cory’s life outside of the office revolves around her twin daughters who keep her impossibly busy in the best possible way. She loves skiing with her family, but is equally dedicated to finding the sun during Seattle’s rainy season. Cory relaxes in her garden, where she cultivates quietude via meditative weed-pulling.
- Washington State Bar Association Tax Section Executive Council, Past-President (2017), President (2016), Vice-President (2015), Secretary (2014)
- Washington Women in Tax, President (2017), Vice President (2014-2016)
- Mother Attorney’s Mentoring Association of Seattle, Board Member & Treasurer, 2010-present
- American Bar Association Tax Section, Member
- Washington Women Lawyers, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Accounting & Finance Women’s Alliance, Member
Presentations + Publications
- BBA Partnership Audit Rules Replace TEFRA, Washington Women in Tax, 2016
- Federal Tax Controversies, Seminar Group, 2011-2016
- BBA Partnership Audit Rules Replace TEFRA, Washington State Bar Association Tax Section, 2016
- FOIA litigation after Sea Shepard v. United States, ABA Administrative Practice Committee, 2014
- Department of Labor Criminal Investigations, ABA Tax Section, 2013.
- Worker Classification Issues, Washington CPA Society, Pacific Tax Institute, 2013
- IRS & Identity Theft Issues, Seattle Tax Group, 2013
- Defending Criminal Tax Cases, Accounting & Finance Women’s Alliance, 2012
- Federal Tax Controversies, Washington Women in Tax, 2011
- What New Businesses Need to Know About Federal Taxes, WSBA, 2011
- Volunteer attorney training, UW Low Income Taxpayer Clinic, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016